Hurricane Preparedness for Older Adults
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION: The Florida Department of Health is working with emergency managers statewide to prepare for any impacts to communities, and reminds Floridians to have enough of prescriptions on hand in the event pharmacies are temporarily unavailable. Under a State of Emergency, Floridians are permitted to receive early prescription refills regardless of typical limits.
If You are Experiencing a Medical Emergency, Please Dial 911.
Important Local Agency Links & Resources
2022-23 JaxReady Guide
Every year, the City of Jacksonville publishes a preparedness guide with important information to prepare for all types of emergencies. It includes tips, checklists, and step-by-step instructions for what to do before, during, and after.
Special Medical Needs Registry
The City of Jacksonville Emergency Preparedness Division maintains a registry of clients who have been identified as persons with Special Medical Needs. These individuals require assistance during evacuations and sheltering.
Look up Your Evacuation Zone
It’s critical to listen to local authorities and evacuate immediately if asked to do so. We encourage safety and being out of harm’s way above all. If you don’t plan to evacuate, have enough food and water for at least three days.
Hurricane Fact Sheets
Hurricane information fact sheets and public service announcements for before, during, and after the storm can be found at FloridaHealth.gov
Baptist Health Hurricane Impact Status
UF Health Hurricane Impact Status
- Click here for Nassau County Emergency Management or call the Nassau County Emergency Management at (904)548-0900
- Emergency Operations Center – to get shelter info (904)824-5550
- Special Needs Registry – Please register here
- For more information on Nassau County Citizen Alert click here.
St Johns County
- St Johns County Emergency Management: find out which shelters are open or call (904)824-5550
- Find your evacuation zone, and other helpful info.
- Click here for more information on registering for Citizens Alert or call 904-824-5550.
- Special Needs Shelters
Aging in Place Starts here
Contact us today for a complimentary home care plan consultation.